We are very serious about the security of children in our care as well as the staff.
- Electronic Security - Our facility includes a secure card entry system for entrance that will allow only staff and families with a card to use our main entrance. All other entries are locked and only opened by authorized staff members.
- Hiring Process - includes extensive state-mandated background checks, which includes fingerprinting.
- Security Cameras - every classroom has security cameras as well as all doors. These are watched from inside the office throughout the day.
- Walking rounds are made throughout the day by the Director and Assistant Director.
- NO child will be allowed to leave the Academy with any person who smells of alcohol, or appears to be under the influence of drugs or not in their right mind. If said person refuses to leave or causes a problem, 911 will be called.
- Each parent/guardian must provide a written list including a copy of legal picture indentification stating who may pick up their child, or anyone not allowed to pick up the child. If a parent states the other parent may not pick up the child, we must have a Court Order stating that. Anyone picking up a child other than the parent must present picture i.d. If picking up a child who requires a car seat, they will not be able to pick up the child if they do not have the car seat.
- We are a drug, alcohol and tobacco free campus, including:
- tobacco or related products
- illegal substances
- sexually explicit materials
- possession of firearms
- We follow city and state laws and codes regarding fire extinguishers, fire alarm system, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
We utilize a cell phone app called "Project Broadcast". This system allows us to advise parents and staff that an incident is in progress and will include instructions so everyone will know what steps to follow.